BRC Run – 4/09 – Foster/Winter/Great – 8.6 mi
Good Luck to those running the Cheat Marathon tomorrow. I wish you well in course-cutting, and bus-taking between water stops. Sometimes we fail to recognize the beauty of pure underhanded.. (unintelligible sounds off-mic)…
Oh. Sorry. Good luck to everyone running the Cheap Marathon tomorrow. May your frugality be as effective as your hill repeats. Or something to that effect.
The rest of you lollygaggers go out and run 8+ miles as the last taper before Boston. Super-pro athletes adjust accordingly.
Sarah STILL Seeking Sizes (New BRC Gear!)
Maybe some of you weren’t paying attention. Only 17 members have remitted responses responsibly. Submit your sizes using Sarah’s seinsible survey or risk getting that “extra medium male” build squeezed into a “ladies xxs super petit size -100.”
“The newest members of the BRC (numbers 140 – 149) are offering to fulfill our contribution requirements by ordering custom BRC singlets for all active members. The singlets will be Brooks Podium singlets in Black with a white BRC Logo on the front. All active members are asked to complete this survey to indicate the gender and size they'd like to receive. We're looking forward to seeing lots of BRC singlets represented in the future races!
Marine Corps Honor Run
Another entry onto the calendar. 4-Doz sent is information out about the Marine Corps Honor Run 5K, and set up a team for it. It sounds like fun.
A good friend of mine that served in the Marine Corp asked me to join him at this 5k run on Saturday May 7 (9am in Boston) – looks like a fun morning and would LOVE to get a crew down there to support the Marines and First Responders.
I have set up a team for the BRC – search for: “BRC – Honoring Marines and First Responder”
Link for Race: https://runsignup.com/Race/MA/Boston/BostonMarineCorpsHonorRun5K
Let me know if you are planning to attend – we can grab a drink after the run!
Fundraising for Boston Marathon
In years past, I have published a list of fundraising activities by our club members who are raising money as part of their Boston Marathon effort. Please consider helping these worthy causes.
· Irene is Raising money for the Spaulding Rehabilitation Network
o This year, I am runnning in memory of my Dad who passed away in 2018, after suffering a devastating stroke. I am running to honor those patients currently on their journey to recovery. I am running for those who can't.
· Nicole Parker (BRC #65) is running for the Joseph Middlemiss Foundation, Team Big Heart.
o By way of your donation, I am working collaboratively to support our very own North Andover Middle School secretary, Lisa Hunter, who is currently battling the unthinkable. She has fought cancer before and is currently severely battling again. I will be running in her name.
· Tom Kinneman is running his 15th Boston Marathon for in honor of the Lowell General Hospital TeamWalk for Cancer Care.
o As many of you know, I received care for throat cancer at the Lowell General Hospital Cancer Center last summer. In recognition of the incredible team at the Cancer Center, I have decided to raise funds for the LGH TeamWalk for Cancer Care. TeamWalk does not fund research but instead gives direct support to patients who do not have the resources and amazing support I was lucky to have during this challenging time. Please consider joining me in donating to this highly effective organization.
· 10 April 2022 – Cheap Marathon
· 18 April 2022 – BAA Boston Marathon
· 24 April 2022 – Big Sur Marathon
o Go Eddie!
· 1 May 2022 – Colleen Ritzer 5K
· 7 May 2022 – Manchester 2 Monadnock
· 7 May 2022 – Marine Corps Honor Run 5K
· 14 May 2022 – Runamuck 50k
· 21 May 2022 – Keys 100 relay
· 23 May 2022 – The Harpoon 5-Miler
· 4 Jun 2022 – Chocura 25k
· 25 Jun 2022 – Forbidden Forest Ultra
· 17 Jul2022 – Whaling City Triathlon
o Frank K is in, how about you?
· 21 through 24 Jul 2022 – PT281+ Ultramarathon
· 2 Aug – Yankee Homecoming
· 16-17 Sep – Reach the Beach
· 17 Sep 2022 – Barkley Fall Classic
o If you like pain and snakes or climbing downed powerlines in thunderstorms, come play.
· 25 Sep 2022 – Berlin Marathon
· 2 Oct 2022 – London Marathon
o Go Maura!
· 8-9 Oct 2022 – Midstate Massive Ultra Trail Marathon