BRC Run – 4/02 – In-Town Half – 13.3 mi
This is an entirely new route. We are going to do a “run-by” to support Lisa Hunter, who is the Middle School secretary in whose name Nicole is running Boston. With only a few weeks left until the big day, tapers are in full effect. Last week we went twenty miles to have breakfast. This week, we’ll cut it to thirteen. A Half. Add more if you think you need it. Note the obvious bailout point to get a shorter route.
In-Town Half: (13.3) https://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/fullscreen/4922551723/
Fundraising for Boston Marathon
In years past, I have published a list of fundraising activities by our club members who are raising money as part of their Boston Marathon effort. Please consider helping these worthy causes. If you have not yet provided me your information, please do so as soon as you can to get you the best exposure possible.
· Irene is Raising money for the Spaulding Rehabilitation Network
o This year, I am runnning in memory of my Dad who passed away in 2018, after suffering a devastating stroke. I am running to honor those patients currently on their journey to recovery. I am running for those who can't.
· Nicole Parker (BRC #65) is running for the Joseph Middlemiss Foundation, Team Big Heart.
o By way of your donation, I am working collaboratively to support our very own North Andover Middle School secretary, Lisa Hunter, who is currently battling the unthinkable. She has fought cancer before and is currently severely battling again. I will be running in her name.
· Tom Kinneman is running his 15th Boston Marathon for in honor of the Lowell General Hospital TeamWalk for Cancer Care.
o As many of you know, I received care for throat cancer at the Lowell General Hospital Cancer Center last summer. In recognition of the incredible team at the Cancer Center, I have decided to raise funds for the LGH TeamWalk for Cancer Care. TeamWalk does not fund research but instead gives direct support to patients who do not have the resources and amazing support I was lucky to have during this challenging time. Please consider joining me in donating to this highly effective organization.
Sarah Seeking Sizes
“The newest members of the BRC (numbers 140 – 149) are offering to fulfill our contribution requirements by ordering custom BRC singlets for all active members. The singlets will be Brooks Podium singlets in Black with a white BRC Logo on the front. All active members are asked to complete this survey to indicate the gender and size they'd like to receive. We're looking forward to seeing lots of BRC singlets represented in the future races!
Ed: I was about to respond asking for details about a short, medium build woman, but I realized they’re looking for what size singlet you want to wear…
· 10 April 2022 – Cheap Marathon
· 18 April 2022 – BAA Boston Marathon
· 24 April 2022 – Big Sur Marathon
o Go Eddie!
· 1 May 2022 – Colleen Ritzer 5K
· 7 May 2022 – Manchester 2 Monadnock
· 14 May 2022 – Runamuck 50k
· 21 May 2022 – Keys 100 relay
· 23 May 2022 – The Harpoon 5-Miler
· 4 Jun 2022 – Chocura 25k
· 25 Jun 2022 – Forbidden Forest Ultra
· 17 jul 2022 – Whaling City Triathlon
o Frank K is in, how about you?
· 21 through 24 Jul 2022 – PT281+ Ultramarathon
· 2 Aug – Yankee Homecoming
· 16-17 Sep – Reach the Beach
· 17 Sep 2022 – Barkley Fall Classic
o If you like pain and snakes or climbing downed powerlines in thunderstorms, come play.
· 25 Sep 2022 – Berlin Marathon
· 2 Oct 2022 – London Marathon
o Go Maura!
· 8-9 Oct 2022 – Midstate Massive Ultra Trail Marathon