BRC Run – 3/19 – 0645 – Lake Loop – 7.4 mi
Welcome to new members Pat, Brandon, Matias, Matt, Amy, Jenny, and Alyssa. Now that the mad scramble to attain those borders has paid off, we’ll look to some different routes. For instance, this one. Go run around the lake.
Lake Loop (7.4): https://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/fullscreen/1152871564/
The Run to Breakfast™
First a correction. I incorrectly located the Anchor Pub. It is obviously in Beverly, not in Ipswich. I will send out more information early this week, but if you are interested in running to breakfast, please let me and Bill Guptill know your intent and your estimated pace for 20 miles. That will allow me to schedule the start, so the crew arrives mostly together for breakfast. Aaron will be there. Eddie will be there. I will be here. But YOU can be there. Let us know.
Fundraising for Boston Marathon
In years past, I have published a list of fundraising activities by our club members who are raising money as part of their Boston Marathon effort. Please consider helping these worthy causes. If you have not yet provided me your information, please do so as soon as you can to get you the best exposure possible.
· Irene is Raising money for the Spaulding Rehabilitation Network
o This year, I am runnning in memory of my Dad who passed away in 2018, after suffering a devastating stroke. I am running to honor those patients currently on their journey to recovery. I am running for those who can't.
· Nicole Parker (BRC #65) is running for the Joseph Middlemiss Foundation, Team Big Heart.
o By way of your donation, I am working collaboratively to support our very own North Andover Middle School secretary, Lisa Hunter, who is currently battling the unthinkable. She has fought cancer before and is currently severely battling again. I will be running in her name.
· I’ve had an inquiry by at least one other who would like to publish his fundraising effort. Let’s get that information!
NM runners Seeking OM runners woC
Are you a BRC member who hasn't made the required club contribution yet? Join numbers 141 through 149 to fulfill your obligation. Seeking anyone who still needs to contribute to the club to join us in placing an order for some new team swag. Contact Bill Guptill (BGuptill74@gmail.com) for details.
· 26 Mar 2022 – The Run to Breakfast
· 27 Mar 2022 – Eastern States 20-miler
· 2 Apr 2022 – Runamuck 50k
· 10 April 2022 – Cheap Marathon
· 18 April 2022 – BAA Boston Marathon
· 24 April 2022 – Big Sur Marathon
o Go Eddie!
· 1 May 2022 – Colleen Ritzer 5K
· 7 May 2022 – Manchester 2 Monadnock
· 21 May 2022 – Keys 100 relay
· 23 May 2022 – The Harpoon 5-Miler
· 4 Jun 2022 – Chocura 25k
· 17 jul 2022 – Whaling City Triathlon
o Frank K is in, how about you?
· 21 through 24 Jul 2022 – PT281+ Ultramarathon
· 2 Aug – Yankee Homecoming
· 16-17 Sep – Reach the Beach
· 17 Sep 2022 – Barkley Fall Classic
o If you like pain and snakes or climbing downed powerlines in thunderstorms, come play.
· 25 Sep 2022 – Berlin Marathon
· 2 Oct 2022 – London Marathon
o Go Maura!
· 8-9 Oct 2022 – Midstate Massive Ultra Trail Marathon