How about a generic?
Sometimes getting uncomplicated is the best way to de-stress after a long mission. Go zone out and just run to Boxford and back. I assure you that anyone identifying as an ultra-geek can add on as much as he likes. On the other hand, people uncomfortable with the idea of delayed gratification can turn back early.
1. Run down Salem Street until you reach half your desired distance
2. Make a 180 deg rotation and run to the Common
3. Consume beverage
4. Repeat any of the above steps as necessary
SalemSt to Boxford (9.1): https://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/fullscreen/179216844/
Catching up on some Business.
I have not been ignoring you guys. I have been a bit busy. Hopefully this is still timely information.
· BRC Triathlon Director Aaron Preston has sent out a call for Participants and Volunteers for this year’s BRC Tri. If you have not received this information, let me or Aaron know. I will re-send his missive to the masses when I wash off the dust.
· Another “race director” kind of guy has a race going on in Medford or “Meh-fuh” as I’ve heard it. We don’t usually promote commercial ventures, but this one looks more personal to him. Check out Run Medford for more details.
· Cyclists, first, stop trying to drive runners off the road and maybe more people will like you; and second, you may want to help a local bike shop stay in business. The mass insanity of the last few years has hit small businesses particularly hard. There is a GoFundMe to help keep Decarolis Brothers bike shop open.
· 4 Jun 2022 – Chocura 25k
· 12Jun 2022 – Saint’s Alumni 5K
· 25 Jun 2022 – Forbidden Forest Ultra
· 29 Jun 2022 – Gibbet Hill Cattle Run and BBQ
· 17 July 2022 – BRC Triathlon
17 Jul2022 – Whaling City Triathlon
· 21 through 24 Jul 2022 – PT281+ Ultramarathon
· 2 Aug – Yankee Homecoming
· 16-17 Sep – Reach the Beach
· 17 Sep 2022 – Barkley Fall Classic
· 18 Sep 2022 – Run Medford
· 25 Sep 2022 – Berlin Marathon
· 2 Oct 2022 – London Marathon
· 8-9 Oct 2022 – Midstate Massive Ultra Trail Marathon